BANN & Associates is a diverse, creative law firm with a strong emphasis on providing pragmatic legal advice. We have a wealth of experience in working with well established companies to resolve their legal issues. We are enthusiastic about working with foreign entities doing business in Ghana. Our aim is to provide advice and assistance that will help businesses grow and flourish in Ghana.
We are committed to providing effective legal advice
We are a full service law firm, offering legal advice and assistance in technology law, media and telecommunication law, IP law, commercial dispute resolution and entertainment law. We focus on the specific needs of the client to provide a bespoke service.
Through diverse thinking we achieve the best results
We are committed to achieving the goals of our clients
We work together with a shared purpose.
His practical approach to case analyses and problem solving makes him the “go to lawyer” and a formidable opponent in the court room.
His portfolio includes:
- Represented a client involved in a shareholder dispute over well established family company. The central issue in the case concerned an application for just and equitable wind up of the Company.
- Advising the largest 5 five star conference centre hotel in Ghana in a contractual dispute.
- Representing a dealer of precious minerals in a contractual dispute
- Represented an international digital media company, in an action against the Government of Ghana. The dispute involved termination for convenience clauses. Acted as co-counsel with DLA Piper (UK) in International arbitration proceedings.
- Represented a major processor and exporter of tuna products, in a dispute over a distributorship agreement.
- Represented a major oil and gas exploration company, in a dispute concerning unlawful interference with contracts and inducing third parties to breach a contract.
- Advised an investment banking firm, in a dispute regarding Trade Mark infringement.
- Advised an international mining company, regarding mining leases.
- Represented a multi-national automotive corporation, in a dispute regarding product liability.
- Regularly advising a major soft drinks distillery, on issues of employment law.
- Represented a client charged with fraudulent evasion of VAT payable on imported pharmaceutical goods. The fraud spanned the UK and Nigeria.
- Represented a client accused of defrauding Her Majesty’s Revenue and Custom (UK) and the Department of Work and Pensions (UK). The value of the fraud was estimated to be in excess of 1 million pounds sterling.
- Represented a client charged with large scale conspiracy involving forged passports and Home Office travel documents. At the time considered to be the largest find of counterfeit passports in the UK.
Cleopatra has worked with several firms such as Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa and Ankomah Law (Ghana), Chambers of Arthur Marriott QC (London), Abbey & Nat Solicitors (London), Cray Valley Solicitors (London), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ghana) and N Nketiah Law. She has a well-rounded profile and is keen on using both her local and international experiences to assist clients to succeed.
Cleopatra’s portfolio covers a broad spectrum of complicated legal matters including advising Facebook, Samsung, Uber and YouTube on legislative developments relevant to their operations in Ghana in the telecommunications industry, advising Canon and Hewlett Packard on the legal and regulatory requirements relating to the closure of their branches in Ghana. She is often sought for her business and strategic approach when advising clients.
Cleopatra is an alumna of the Harvard Business School Online, Johan Cruyff Institute (Barcelona), Brunel University Law School (London), BPP University College (London), Ghana School of Law and the University of Ghana.
Cleopatra is called to the Ghana Bar as well as the New York Bar.
Exom has undergraduate degrees (University of Ghana) in Political Science and Law. She obtained her Qualifying Certificate in Law (QCL) and got called to the Ghanaian Bar in December 2020.
She holds an LLB from Central University and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law and is a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
She holds an LLB from the University of Ghana and a Qualifying Certificate from the Ghana School of Law. She is a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
Mercy holds a Degree in Human Resource Management from the University Of Cape Coast.
Justice is a proud alumnus of the Chartered Financial Institute and the University of Cape-Coast, showcasing a strong educational foundation in the field of finance.
He is a finance business partner leveraging over six years of professional and entrepreneurial experience providing business insights to a diverse clientele, ranging from startups to established enterprises and high-net-worth individuals across multiple industries including FMCG, Technology, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Renewable Energy, Real Estate and International Non-Profits.
Richard had an extended brief stint as the Finance Lead and Consultant with ignitia AB, a climate intelligence and forecasting solutions firm headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden where he coordinated financial activities for Sweden including project financial reporting for NCF, EXPO Dubai, Mercy Corps, ACHMEA, DIV-USAID and persistently championed the turnaround of the financial operations within the Africa region.
Prior to ignitia, Richard was the Head of Finance and Administration at Capp Global Ltd, the distributors and marketers of the TURF range of electronics products in Ghana where he provided data-driven finance leadership which resulted in an unprecedented quantum leap in the overall performance and growth of the firm.
Earlier in his career, he served as Economics Tutor and Admin Support to the Assistant Headmaster, Academics at Accra Academy, a category ‘A’ senior high school in Accra, Ghana.
Richard currently serves as Founder & CEO at Letters & Figures Consulting, a fast-growing accounting, tax and advisory firm in Accra, Ghana.
Prior to joining the firm Esther worked as a Social Worker at Ark Lifestyle Foundation, an Aged Residential Home in Accra, Ghana. She also worked with 37 Military Hospital Paediatric Oncology/Haematology Unit as a Medical Social Worker and a part-time Social Worker at Great Mission International Children's Home and Rehabilitation Center. Esther brings on board passion, dedication, and resilience. She has assisted Local and inter-country applicants to start their own families. She provides pre and post-adoption counselling for clients. She conducts Home Study Reports, Child Study Reports, Social Enquiry Reports. Esther is a liaison between clients, the Central Adoption Authority, and the Department of Social Welfare.
She holds a bachelor’s in social work from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and a Diploma in Social Work from the School of Social Work Accra, Ghana
He has a Bachelor of Law degree from Bohdan Khmelnytsjyi National University of Cherkassy, Ukraine.
Prior to joining the firm she worked with Ministry of Aviation and with one of the largest telecommunications company in Ghana.
Queensta is known for her up-beat personality and building great rapport with team members and clients alike.